Saturday, May 18, 2013

So much to share!

Since the cool things that I am seeing and experiencing are too much to post in one, I've decided to make an effort to do small posts every day in order to get caught up.  Starting with:  Quijote's windmills.

I am lucky enough to live in the city where Miguel de Cervantes was born and lived.  He wrote Don Quijote and is a major part of Spanish history.  Last week on our way to Andalucía we stopped at the windmills.  If I remember correctly, Quijote (who has dried up his brain reading books about knights) thinks that he is a knight and that these windmills are knights (maybe giants?) that he has to fight with. 
 Oh, and of course they are right by a castle.





This is my "I'm a crazy person that thinks I'm a knight" face.

And!  Shout out to my mom who told me the story of Don Quijote and has watched the movie with me.  The other kids in my group don't know anything about it.  You're the best!

3 comments: