Thursday, May 23, 2013

Que maravilla es Sevilla!

Sevilla is a beautiful city in Andalucía.  It is definitely hot (they call it the frying pan and say that you really can fry an egg on the sidewalk).  The thing I loved most about Sevilla was feeling like I was in a movie as I ate dinner next to the ancient cathedral.  Well, that's what I liked second best.  What I really liked best of all was El Alcazar, but I'm saving that for the next post.



The above pictures were all taken at La Plaza de España.  It was incredible, the pictures don't do it justice.  So incredible, in fact, that part of Star Wars was filmed there.
In the cathedral of Sevilla Christopher Columbus is buried with his family.  This is his tomb.  He left for the Americas from Sevilla and lived there for a good portion of his life.

Flamenco dancing.  So cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment